I am a total fan of Holley Gerth’s work. Her writing is always spot on for what I need. Her new devotional is no exception. There are 52 delightful and encouraging short stories about life and one of God’s many names with a verse and prayer to match.
This small sized book (It fits in my purse!) is jam-packed with just enough theology, just enough humanness, just enough transparency, and just enough of life’s joy, triumph, sorrow, and pain.
5 Favorite Quotes from Hope Your Heart Needs:
- …rest is not simply the lack of activity but the presence of trust, because trust is a kind of inner leaning, an intentional reliance on someone else. pp. 209
- Bread of Life, You are the only one who can satisfy the hunger in our lives. pp. 23
- …He has specific assignments for us during our time on earth… They are original and only for us. pp. 71
- Faith is not about what we want to happen; it’s about Who we’re trusting in no matter what the future holds. pp. 85
- When we find our refuge in God, we can be who we are, do what we’re called to do, live without shame and guilt and fear.
And now, I will go back and read the whole book again. This time, one day at a time, savoring, sharing, and sensing the life-giving words on these pages.
Thank-you, Holley Gerth! What a blessing this has been!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Revell/Baker Publishing Group. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”