I have always simply accepted the profecies of Jesus as true and that was that. For some reason I decided to do some research and what I found was astounding. Take a look at these figures:
The chances of 1 person fulfilling 8 prophecies – 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000. 1 person fulfilling 48 prophecies – 1 chance in 10 to the 157th power. 1 person fulfilling 300+ prophecies – Only Jesus! (from Biblical Prophesies Fulfilled by Jesus)
Is that amazing or what? BTW that long number with all the zeros is a quintillion. 10 to the 157th power… is one and one-half+ googols or 157 zero’s after the 10. It’s fun to think about but it definitely becomes mind-boggling, doesn’t it?
There are 8 specific prophecies that are connected to the birth of Jesus.
- He would be born of a woman. Found in Genesis 3:15, fulfilled in Matthew 1:20
- He would be born in Bethlehem. Found in Micah 5:2, fulfilled Matthew 2:1 and Luke 2:4-6
- He would be born of a virgin. Found in Genesis 12:3 and 22:18, fulfilled in
Matthew 1:22-23 and Luke 1:26-31
- He would come from the line of Abraham. Found in Genesis 12:3 and 22:18, fulfilled in Matthew 1:1
- He would be a descendant of Isaac. Found in Genesis 17:19 and 21:12, fulfilled in Luke 3:34
- He would be a descendant of Jacob. Found in Numbers 24:17, fulfilled in Matthew 1:2
- He would come from the tribe of Judah. Found in Genesis 49:10, fulfilled in Luke 3:33
- He would be called Immanuel. Found in Isaiah 7: 14 fulfilled in Matthew 1:23
None of this should be mind-boggling. It is what it is. God’s Word is the truth. Yet, there are millions who are still in the darkness. Who believe only what they want to believe. Who limit the beauty of this season to what’s going to be under the tree.
Let’s be different. Let’s quit thinking and focusing on what we’re going to get and move on to what are we going to give. Will you be the one to share the Story for the first time? Will you be the one that shines light into the darkness? Will you be the one, like Mary, who was called blessed because she believed? (Luke 1:45)
Blessings to you and yours!
All scripture links are from BibleGateway.com.
You must be logged in to post a comment.