What an awesome, powerful, thought-provoking, convicting week-end. My bestie and I spent Friday and Saturday in the company of Priscilla Shirer. Imagine, two days in the company of 5,000+ women (and 2 brave men), worshiping, praying, and building trust in the One and Only.
Now, when I say praying I’m not talking about your run of the mill prayer times where we ask that our words and thoughts are pleasant in His ears, that He will bless and heal our friends and family, that He will keep us safe and give us wisdom and courage. That was there, of course. I’m talking about the kind of prayer that covers all the bases and gives no one any doubt that we were in His Presence. All turned in prayer requests (Yes, all 5000+!) on the cards provided. We were then encouraged to take a prayer card the next day (They had been prayed on overnight.) and commit to praying for that person for the next 7 days. Is that some powerful praying or what?
The conference was divided into 3 segments with music by Tony Evans opening each. That man has some serious vocal ability. Beautiful voice! Another thing about the music — Imagine if you will 5000 women’s voices, praising God for those who accepted His invitation to join the Forever Family, singing It Is Well With My Soul a capella. Each time I hear a large group sing a favorite hymn I know in my heart what heaven sounds like.
So, here are some things from my notes:
- Scripture for the event was Luke 9:1-17
- The cure for your exhaustion is intimacy with Jesus. After all, He said, “Come away with me.”
- A recipe for ministry. First, we are called as the disciples were. Second, we are given power and authority, as the disciples were. Lastly, He does the sending, as He did the disciples. Ministry of any kind is and must be about Jesus.
- Resist the urge to put yourself in the ‘spotlight’ until He says go.
- If there was a perfect church and you showed up, it wouldn’t be perfect.
- Re: 5 loaves and 2 fishes – You don’t need more than His blessing on what you already have.
- Hearing God is not about newness it is about nowness.
- Those who don’t expect to hear from God, WON’T! AW Tozer
- God is omnipresent! (I know you already knew that.) He showed up for Gideon, Moses, David, Simeon, etc., and He shows up for us!
- His glory is ever-present, yet, we often don’t see Him. In this country we have so many resources, like Bibles, CD’s, DVD’s, books, the Internet… we fail to take the time to look for Him.
And that, dear friends, is what a terrific weekend looked like.
Blessings to you and yours!
Check out my Linky Party page to see the awesome and inspiring parties where I share my posts.