Many years ago a former pastor gave me a piece of advice that I’ve kept in my mind and heart. When in doubt…DON’T! This four-word sentence has had a huge impact on my decision making. When I’m even the least bit uncomfortable with a choice I ponder it carefully. I question, will it have a positive or negative impact? Will it support or tear down? It’s amazing what an influence these four words have had on my life.
Here are a few more don’ts:
- DON’T judge people for the choices they make when you DON’T know the options they had to choose from.
- Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind DON’T matter and those who matter DON’T mind. ~ Dr. Seuss
- DON’T give up! Great things take time.
- DON’T talk about me until you have talked to me!
- DON’T do it!
How about these from the Word:
DON’T worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Philippians 4:6
- DON’T panic. I’m with you. There’s no need to fear for I’m your God. I’ll give you strength. I’ll help you. I’ll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you. Isaiah 41:10 (MSG)
- Tell everyone who is discouraged, be strong and DON’T be afraid! God is coming to your rescue. Isaiah 35:4 (CEB)
- Let’s not get tired of doing good, because in time we’ll have a harvest if we DON’Tgive up. Galatians 6:9 (NLT)
- That is why we DON’T give up. Our physical body is becoming older and weaker, but our spirit inside us is made new every day. 2 Corinthians 4:16
Do you have a favorite quote or Bible verse about the word DON’T? I’d love to add them to my collection.
Blessings to you and yours!