- When we argue and/or complain we are showing our “me attitudes”.
- Our light is dimmed by our perverse choices.
- As children of the King, we are held to a higher standard.
- This world is so perverse (warped) Believers will stand out.
- Complaining and arguing are sins.
As I worked through the five sentences I was once again convicted of my own sin. As modern Christians we tend not to see arguing, complaining, grumbling… as sins. Discontent is evident everywhere. In our homes, our jobs, our churches, relationships,… someone is always complaining about something.
It doesn’t have to be that way. We can (and must) make a conscious choice to stop the animosity. Both the Old and the New Testament tell us to love our neighbors. (see Luke 10:27 and Leviticus 19:18) Are we being loving when we’re constantly complaining about something or someone? I think not! Make the right choice. Quit complaining.
Blessings to you and yours!