I wasn’t really sure what to expect when I agreed to review this book. Although I enjoyed comic books as a child this was certainly a bit different. I’m not sure whether I can recommend the book or not. Here are my likes and dislikes:
- The story is accurate and portrays some of the difficulties Paul faced in his journey.
- Each page gave a scriptural reference for what was going on.
- Very appropriate for the 8 to 12 year age group.
- Very difficult to follow the storyline bubbles.
- More violence than I like to deal with. (Yes, I know the time he lived in was very violent.)
- There were so many graphically portrayed characters I found it difficult to determine who was speaking.
With that said, I recommend parts read through the book first to be prepared for any questions their children might ask.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher, Beartruth Collective, LLC and Bookcrash Bloggers. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Blessings to you and yours!