Are you starting your day fully dressed or …? Do you consider these verses in Ephesians 6 when you’re selecting from your wardrobe, or are they the furthest thing from your mind? Christa Crawford, in The Full Armor of God, suggests we really need to be more mindful of these six parts of our wardrobe. After all, satan is. He watches and loves it when we are not conscious of what we’ve left out of our selections.
Here are some truths I discovered while reading through this excellent book:
- We are to wear the belt of Truth because the evil one constantly bombards us with lies. “Satan can’t stand that God loves us. He hates God and wants to hurt Him, so he attacks those He loves: you and me.” (Quote from page 27)
- The breastplate of Righteousness is directly related to what we know about the sinless character of God. It covers the most vulnerable and valuable part of our body and soul, the heart. The more we know of who Jesus is and what He wants us to be the better protected we are.
- The shoes of Peace are designed to keep moving us forward. “We aren’t meant to perish in the storms (of life) but to learn dependence on His abilities to see us through.” (Quote from page 57)
- Ms. Crawford’s words on the shield of Faith remind us that we are not alone or unprotected in this battle. “If life’s hurts get to a point we can no longer hold up our own shield, we should ask those with faith to encircle us like the Roman soldiers and create a wall until our strength is restored. Our Father didn’t leave us without protection. He gave us His Son, and He gave us each other.” Check out Ecclesiastes 4:19-12. (Quote from page 68)
- The helmet of Salvation is all about what Jesus did for us. He is our Savior. For Jesus, there was no half-way. It was either all or nothing. When we consciously put on the ‘hat’ that matches the outfit we’re saying look out evil, I’ve got this and you can’t take that away from me.
- The sword of the Spirit is the only weapon we’ll ever need. His weapon of choice? A book. Not just any book. The one He’s breathed His words into. Every answer we’ll ever need is there for us. It’s so simple. Just read it!!!
So let’s take action! Make it a part of your daily dressing routine to put on the belt of Truth, the breastplate of Righteousness, the shoes of Peace, the shield of Faith, the helmet of Salvation, and the sword of the Spirit. I guarantee, it will change your day!
Blessings to you and yours!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from BookCrash. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”