At this ending of the year many are making resolutions to bring in the new. Things like lose weight, exercise more, learn more, read more and on and on and on… Interestingly these re-solutions to old problems last for only a few days, perhaps weeks at best. As I thought about this it crossed my mind that God has SOLUTIONS and has spelled them out very plainly for us in His Word. We only need to believe that He can and will do what He says He can.
10 Solutions from God (I have capitalized the solution.)
- DON’T WORRY, because I am with you. DON’T BE AFRAID because I am your God, I will make you strong and will help you: I will support you with my right hand that saves you. Isaiah 43:1-3
- The LORD’S LOVE never ends; His mercies never sop. They are new every morning; LORD, Your loyalty is great. I say to myself, “The LORD is mine, so I hope in Him.” The LORD is good to those who HOPE IN HIM, to those who SEEK HIM. Lamentations 3:22-25
- COME TO ME, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, and I will give you REST. Accept my teachings and LEARN FROM ME, because I am gentle and humble in spirit, and you will find REST for your lives. Matthew 11:28-29
- God will show His MERCY forever and ever to those who WORSHIP and SERVE HIM. Luke 1:50
- The LORD your God is with you; the mighty One will save you. He will REJOICE over you. You will REST IN HIS LOVE; He will sing and be joyful about you. Zephaniah 3:17
- WAIT and TRUST the LORD. DON’T BE UPSET when others get rich or when some else’s plans succeed. DON’T GET ANGRY. Don’t be upset; it only leads to trouble. Psalm 37:7-8
- I tell you the truth, whoever HEARS what I say and BELIEVES in the One who sent Me has eternal life. That person will not be judged guilty but has already left death and entered life. John 5:24
- In Christ we can COME BEFORE GOD with freedom and WITHOUT FEAR. We can do this through faith in Christ. Ephesians 3:12
- Anyone who speaks should SPEAK WORDS FROM GOD. Anyone who serves should SERVE WITH THE STRENGTH GOD GIVES so that in everything God will be praised through Jesus Christ. Power and glory belong to Him forever and ever. 1 Peter 4:11
- Let the teaching of Christ live in you richly. Use all wisdom to teach and instruct each other by SINGING psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with THANKFULNESS in your hearts to God. Everything you do or say should be done to OBEY JESUS your Lord. And in all you do, GIVE THANKS to God the Father through Jesus. Colossians 3:16-17
There are so many solutions in the Word it was hard to choose just 10. That really is the gist of this short article…the solutions are in the Word. I hope that every believer will spend more time this year, in the Bible, searching for God’s Solutions.
Heavenly Father, my One and Only, You alone are worthy of my praise. How can I ever give thanks often enough for the Words You have breathed on every page of the Bible. Oh, Lord, help us all have an uncurable passion for You and Your Word. I lift these words before the Throne in the Precious Name of Jesus. Make it so!
Scriptural passages from The Holy Bible, New Century Version
Pingback: 1/20/2013 Believe in Christ | ForeWords
Pingback: NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS! « "Working for Christ"
Pingback: “HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD” A Sermon And Prayer Points By Daddy G O, Pastor E A Adeboye RCCG | Bummyla
Pingback: Avoid lying | daily meditation
Pingback: Teaching is light | daily meditation
Pingback: Isn’t It Love? | Poet's Corner