I have been pondering Jeremiah 29:11-13 a lot lately. God keeps putting it in my mind. We have to read more of the story to understand the meaning of these verses and let me say IT IS POWERFUL. Read from verse 4 through verse 14. Here’s what I have discovered so far…
- I believe we live in a modern Babylon. Ancient Babylon represented all the excesses it was possible to have at that time. We have much the same in the US…money, stuff, sex, lack of morality, little regard for others, worship of all kinds of other gods…
- God tells the Israelites to do these things to model who He is: Build homes, plan to stay, plant gardens and eat the produce, marry, have children, find spouses for them, have grandchildren, multiply, work for peace and prosperity where you are, pray for the city, do not be tricked by other prophets or mediums – they lie
- God’s plan for me is His plan. No one else can interfere. He knows my future. He knows what He wants.
- He wants me to know His plan and even gives ways to discover it. He says if I earnestly seek Him I will find Him and He will listen.
- He promises to end my captivity in this modern Babylon and yes, restore my fortune.
- He promises to give me hope, a future, and will bring me home again.
God is who He says He is and He can do what He says He can do! What more could I want.
Ah, Lord God, Giver of all there is, was, and ever will be. Your plan for me is more awesome than anything I can imagine. I am claiming prosperity, a future, hope, and anything else You have for me. Make it so!!