- God does not want us to be timid or cowardly. He does not want us to fear. In fact, He will never, get that, never, give us a fear-filled spirit. Did you know He says don’t fear 365 times in the NIV translation? That’s one for every day of the year. I think if we look at other ways to say it the number is probably much higher.
- God gives us His power, His love, and His mind. When we are given a precious gift aren’t we expected to use it?
- As a child of God, we have His power within us because the Holy Spirit lives in us. With this incredible power, we can overcome anything the evil one throws at us.
- We are given the love of Jesus at the moment of our salvation. We are not to keep it hidden but we are to share it, live it, model it, and give it constantly.
- Sound judgment is transliterated in the Amplified Bible as a calm and well-balanced mind with discipline and self-control. So if I have been given sound judgment then when I must judge God has created my mind to have all these characteristics. So, then, I can be totally assured I am acting and reacting in the way God wants.
One of the verses I memorized many years ago, during a time of extreme stress was Isaiah 54:17. God has given us His power, His love, and sound judgment so that every weapon and every word that the evil one wants to use against us is blocked. Our God is certainly an Awesome God.
Blessings to you and yours!