Each year I choose one word as my focus. I’m kind of leaning toward ‘believe’ but I’m also carefully and prayerfully considering other options. I also include a Bible verse for the year with my choice. Here are a few I’m considering, perhaps they’ll help with your choice, too.
- BELIEVE Blessed is she who has believed that the LORD would fulfill His promises to her. Luke 1:45 (NIV)
- LISTEN Come to me with your ears wide open. Listen, for the life of your soul is at stake. Isaiah 55:3(TLB)
- CELEBRATE Celebrate God all day every day. I mean revel in Him. Philippians 4:4
- TRUTH Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:3 (NIV)
- STRENGTH The LORD is my strength and my shield: my heart trusts in Him and He helps me. Psalm 28:7 (NIV)
I hope these are helpful. If you choose one or have one you’d like to share. Leave it in the comments below.
Blessings to you and yours!
It’s still snowing and blowing and cold…I truly love this weather. I look out the windows in my home office and there’s a wonderland of white and it’s so beautiful. God is painting new pictures every day around my country home and I am so thankful! He’s reminding me that I have been washed whiter than snow. My God shows me that He is with me all the time. Amen and Amen!
Here’s another of my translations of the Psalms. This one reminds me that even in the worst of political tension and wars God knows what is going on and He is in control.
Worship the LORD! Celebrate the LORD! Honor the LORD! Love the LORD!
Heavenly Father, in this scary and confusing world I know that I can take refuge in You. I know that You are in control. Heal our country and heal our land. Let us know Your presence in these trying times. Hear my prayer lifted in Jesus Precious Name. Make it so!
You must be logged in to post a comment.